When lesson planning I believe there are a lot of things that need to be considered beforehand. I found this website also breaks down some things to consider as well.
I am sure there are some points I have missed so please let me know:
– What are the outcomes I want students to achieve?
– What prior knowledge, experience do they bring?
– What will I use to guide the content of my lesson?
– What will be my pedagogical approach?
– How will I assess their learning?
– How will I make it authentic?
– How am I going to engage them, motivate them to learn and take ownership of their learning?
– How much direction and guidance should I give?
– Inside or outside? Whole class, groups, pairs or individually?
-What are the resources that are available to me?
– Is the lesson practical?
– How much time should be devoted?
– Will it hold the attention of my students?
-What behaviour management strategies need to be considered?
-Can I collaborate with fellow staff to expand my ideas within the lesson?
-What are student’s strengths, needs and interests?
– Is it suitable for this time of day?
– What about the transition in and from this lesson?
– What does the literature say?
-What qualities can I offer? What are my weaknesses? Do I need to research or go to my support network?